Thursday, February 17, 2011

White Blance and Vingettes

For the first image I used the auto white balance on the photo. When I was editing the picture I blanced out the contrast and brightness. I also added a brown vignette to the edges of the photo with 150 px feather. The strength of this photo was my goal of what I wanted to capture. I was able to capture the laughter and freedom I wanted. The simplicity of just her hair, and the white tshirt made the focal point stand out and really engage with the idea I wanted. Some weakness would I would have liked to have made this black and white but i don't think that I would have captured the same playfulness as I would have in color. What surprised me was how simple it was to think about the influence I wanted to pursue in the picture. I didn't think so much about how I was going to take the picture but instead I just started snapping pictures ignoring the "perfect picture" in my head. 
In this photo I cropped it and I made it brighter. I wanted to focus on wood instead of the surrounding area. In this picture I also used the clone stamp to add an extra wicker ball. So the intent wasn't to focus on to bowl or few balls but kept the main focal point strong. My strengths were the editing process when I made it brighter and contrasted the background. But my weakness was the clone stamp process which I feel I still need practice on. the clarity of the photo was hard to grasp and especially in the center of the pile. I wouldn't change anything except maybe make the subject more exciting than a center piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment