Friday, March 11, 2011

Portraits and Lighting

The photo above was edited by adding a lens flare at the top left corner creating the illusion that sun was pouring in as morning natural lighting. I would call this photo a 3/4 lighting with natural light because only a part of her face is being illuminated coming from the back corner. I also used a little spot healing technique to clean up an impurity. A strength I had when taking these photos was that it was a comfortable setting and I was able to capture what I imagined the picture would be. The new editing tools were a great addition that I learned how to use. A weakness was finding the blanance between the original and editing it to look realistic.

For the photo of Lauren I used a slight surface blur and a photo filter with a warming effect. The photo filter was a little more difficult to work with because it was almost little difference at first but then I was able to change the opacity and it helped to create the warmer feeling to the picture. Some downfalls though were editing and croping and recroping until I knew I had the picture and the subject position I wanted.
In this photo I used artificial lighting and it was directly on her face. The subject (Lydia) was dressed up ready for a dance and I thought it would be the perfect time to capture her. I used surface blur to edit out her imperfection and blotchyness in her face. I went over the surface blur with a paintbrush tool to harden her eyes and mouth. The difficulty I had was the lighting because none of the lighting (3/4, back, etc.) wasn't capturing what I wanted. Also was erasing all of her imperfection to make her skin seem almost flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment